San Diego Criminal Law

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorneys              619.940.5299

Criminal Law San Diego

If You Are Convicted

In most cases, after either a plea of guilty or a finding of guilt after trial, the following options may be available:
  • Motion for new trial OR Motion to withdraw guilty plea:  These two motions must be addressed on a case by case basis, but both motions attempt to set aside the conviction.

  • Appeal:  Again, the facts of each case must be examined to determine if one can bring an appeal and, if so, whether it would it have merit.

  • Modification of sentence:  It is possible in some cases to come back before the sentencing judge and ask for modifications on some of the terms and conditions of probation.

  • Expungement:  In some cases, after a person has successfully completed the terms and conditions of probation, it may be possible to appear before the court and have the conviction expunged from your record.


No Very

Captcha Image

© 2014 Legal Blog Network. All Rights Reserved |  Privacy